Friday 21 April 2017

Listen to your body

I start this post with something I didn't do!   For months I have had a niggling right leg.   It's either been my glute,  my hamstring, my hip bursa or all three!  But still I have kept training and kept entering events.  

The final straw came when I had a small trip in my walk,  I caught my toe on the pavement and fell forward at pace.   This resulted in me really over stretching the hamstring and it went ping.  

I gave myself a week off before testing it at the track with a gentle 5000m... but it was still hurting center and high on the hamstring.   So off to physio I went.  

He laughed at my one week rest...😩... how rude!  Lol .... and said it takes 3 or 4 weeks rest.    Sigh.

So,  I have a small tear in my hamstring (grade 1) and I'm on 3 weeks no walking and 1 week no excersise at all.......I'm not liking this.   But next week I will try out the pool and see if I can swim a little.   I will also start using our home gym and try to find a pre beginner yoga to follow 😁

So,  that's what's been going on with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment